The IHEC Data Workgroup includes experts engaged in data activities and data policies to address social determinants of health and health disparities. The workgroup’s goal is to identify existing policies and practices for improving access to data and use of data in support of policy development. The group also works collaboratively to promote data projects and applications that address social determinants of health and support efforts to advance health equity.
To support this goal, the workgroup developed the Compendium of Federal Datasets Addressing Health Disparities. The compendium is a free resource of publicly available data relevant to research and programs that aim to reduce health disparities.
- Foster a community of subject matter experts engaged in data activities and data policies to address social determinants of health and health disparities
- Provide a shared platform to discuss and promote ideas for data projects and applications
- Identify existing policies and practices for improving access to data, as well as the use of data in support of policy development
- Monitor data needs and trends in minority health and health disparity research
- Promote data linkage and governance
- Support cross-agency collaboration on data projects to highlight accessible data and innovative research methodologies pertaining to racial/ethnic minority health and promote evidence-based research to reduce health disparities