The OMHRC Knowledge Center has made some recent acquisitions this month! Among them are: (This is only a partial listing).
Knowledge Center Library Acquisitions
Over the past two decades, the Knowledge Center has developed an extensive collection of materials which support National CLAS Standards implementation for health care organizations. Below are some recent publications which will help health professionals develop their cultural competency training programs.
- Cultural Competencies for Nurses: Impact on Health and Illness. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2011. 346 p. MH11D10684
- Cultural Competency for Health Administration and Public Health. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2011. 173 p. MH11D10497
- Developing Cross-Cultural Competence: A Guide for Working with Children and Their Families. 4th e.d. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2011. 546 p. MH12D11045
- Enhancing the Delivery of Health Care: Eliminating Health Disparities through a Culturally & Linguistically Centered Integrated Health Care Approach Consensus Statements and Recommendations. Austin, TX: Hogg Foundation for Mental Health, 2012. 28 p. MH12D11130
- Essentials of Health, Culture, and Diversity: Understanding People, Reducing Disparities. Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning, 2013. 179 p. MH12D11258
- Multicultural Care: A Clinician's Guide to Cultural Competence. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 2012. 315 p. MH12D11263
- Ten Attributes of Health Literate Health Care Organizations. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine of the National Academies, 2012. 26 p. MH12D11219
You will need Adobe Acrobat® Reader™ to view PDF files located on this site. If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat® Reader™, you can download here for free.