We support health equity for all Americans.
(English / Spanish)
Hurricane Resources: Health Topics
- Summary of resources and ongoing efforts to enable cancer care and research to continue in the aftermath of Katrina. Source: National Cancer Institute (NIC).
NCI's Cancer Information Service (CIS)
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, EST
in English or Spanish
recorded information 24/7
- CIS, working together with the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), has established the 1-800-4-CANCER number as an additional contact point for
oncologists and cancer patients.
- The NCI-ASCO collaboration provides displaced cancer patients with a cancer-specific resource to help them find a location where they can receive
- CIS information specialists can share with callers the ASCO-compiled list of oncology practices in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, and Texas
that are open and available to accept patients.
- Katrina Info. Source: National Cancer Institute (NCI).
- Coping With Cancer After Katrina FAQs from the American Cancer Society
- American Society of Clinical Oncology's List of Oncology Practices, Cancer Centers, and Hospitals. Patients and physicians can find listings in the city or area closest to where they are and call the numbers provided.
Content Last Modified: 11/9/2005 4:43:00 PM